A dog bite lawyer can provide you with the legal help you need if another person’s dog has attacked and injured you. A personal injury attorney will be able to help you file a lawsuit against the owner of the animal, as well as their insurance company.
If your injuries are severe enough, it may be possible for you to receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, etc. An experienced Abogado de mordedura de perro can assist in determining what kind of settlement or verdict is most likely given your unique circumstances so that you know where to start when filing a claim.
Many dog owners don’t know that their pet’s bite can cause them to be sued. This blog post will help you understand the severity of a dog bite and how it could affect you.
A dog might be a man’s best friend, but it is still an animal & they can also bite. According to the stats, dogs bite almost 40% of the total population every year and almost 1 out of every 5 of the bites causes a serious injury that needs medical attention. Although we fear the strays more than the ‘friendly’ or our own dogs, it is the opposite. The friendly or pet dogs are the ones that have shown to bite more than the strays.
What to do in the case of a dog bite?
- If a dog has bitten you or someone else you know, the first step that you have to take is to get yourself or the person that has been bitten away from the dog. Since the bite of a dog can cause some real damage sometimes – other than just cracking of the skin – you should first & foremost call the nearest doctor.
- You should try to keep the wound high & if possible, try t also clean it with tap water.
- You might also want to gather information from the owner of the dog about the rabies immunization status, but if this does not seem to be possible, the authorities will stand by you in helping you to gather the information.
Some Tips to prevent dog bites
If you or a loved one has been attacked by a dog, make sure to consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. You may be eligible for compensation if the owner of the animal was negligent in ensuring that it did not have previous incidents of biting people. Dog bites can cause serious injuries and even fatalities, so contact our firm today.
Usually, it is seen that a dog bites you in cases when there has been a miscommunication between the victim and the dog. Although, it is also not very uncommon to see a provoked a stray dog going at you for a bite. More or less, it is seen that it is the pet dogs that have bitten more people than the stray one. Here are some tips to prevent the dog bites –
- Choose a compatible dog breed – which goes with the family. Dogs of aggressive nature might not be the most appropriate ones when you have an infant or small child.
- Letting the dog socialize and giving them appropriate training might prove to be helpful.
- Do not approach towards stray or dogs that are no familiar, without their owner nearby.
- Do not approach a dog with quick movements or from above their heads. Let the dog first acknowledge your presence.
- Prior to getting in touch with the dog, make sure with the owner that it is okay to pet the dog.
So, here are some useful tips that you should keep in mind when with or near dogs. Hope this helps!