If not cared for correctly and without proper preparation, moving wall art or mirrors can be broken into pieces of glass. It can become quite challenging to pack these sensitive belongings and adequately move them from one place to another.
The best solution to this problem is to hire a professional moving company that can do the job for you. Find out how to pack pictures and mirrors in this guide when hiring Local Movers in Houston TX. After going through this guide, you will have all the essential knowledge required to make a practical move when packing your sensitive belongings.
Specialty Moving Supplies
When thinking to yourself about” where to find Residential Movers Near Me,” make sure to check their online profile for your research purposes and to answer your question yourself. In addition to this, check their supply description to know how well they are equipped with proper tools and items.
Protecting And Wrapping The Wall Art
It is better to be safe than sorry. It would be best if you prevented your favorite décor from breaking during your next move.
Look for residential moving services in Houston TX, online and read their business description to learn their strategies and techniques to pack mirrors and picture frames.
- Place a small sheet of packing papers on a flat surface that’s two times the size of the frame.
- Put your wall art in the center of the paper.
- Use the packing tape, place an X on the glass or mirror frame. It will help keep the glass from shattering everywhere it breaks.
- It would be best if you taped a large piece of cardboard on the top.
- Use bubble wrap and top it with another large sheet of packing paper.
- Wrap the packing paper around the object and tape it.
For more info: Water Damage Restoration in Center Valley PA
The next step for the professionals is to pack your artwork by choosing the right size and type of boxes. They can use either special picture boxes or small-sized boxes. The following steps a reliable moving company should take to pack your wall art:
- The bottom of the box should be filled with extra packing papers to cushion it from the inside.
- Pack enough paper around the object and gently slide it in the box to not move around it.
- The box should be shut all around with tape. Close the corners with extra tape.
Loading The Box Carefully
The next and final step is to carefully load the packed boxes into the truck without causing damage. Following steps should be taken by the professional workers:
- Cover the moving boxes with tape and write the word fragile on top of it.
- Put the boxes right next to each other. Stacking them on top of each other can break the inner object.
- If you have packed several small and medium-sized objects in one box, make sure that their weight is no more than 40 to 50 pounds.
- Prevent picture and mirror boxes from sliding next to heavy objects like sofas or tables.
To conclude, you should hire only the best local movers in Houston TX that have proper training in handling sensitive belongings such as pictures and mirrors.
The majority of the movers know the tips mentioned above and techniques to move fragile objects into the truck. You should also be aware of these techniques to some extent in case any mishappening occurs.